20.2.11

Radiohead Still Shunning Labels and RIAA

On Friday, 18 February 2011, Radiohead released there long awaited eighth album, The King of Limbs a day early on their website. Unlike 2008's In Rainbows name your own price plus credit card transaction fee, this album is sold at USD $9 for 320kbps MP3 or $14 for uncompressed CD Quality Wave files.

At first listen, this album sounds like a Trance Ambient adventures with-in the bands inner mindspace with nods to Dubstep. This is some of the shit that I am totally into these days. Having said that, I am not overly giddy to fork over cash for the album right away but I will give it a few more listens. I like to lull things over but I am attached to Lotus Flower. Radiohead posted their Official Video on their YouTube Channel at the same time as the album was released.



It's good, but nothing to get overly excited about. It would be good in a multi-sub-genre "Dance, Dance, Dance Mixtape" for sure. I support Independent, RIAA-free music and I like what I hear to some degree but I'm still not completely sold.

Most Radiohead fans would strongly disagree with me. They are shocked and awed in Radiohead's latest direction even though it's not what they wanted nor expected to soothe their fanatical worship.

You can decide for yourself read the fanboy track by track review while listening to the entire album.



If you've followed some of my musical postings for the Sad Clown iPOD project, you would know that I've always liked Radiohead songs when they were performed by someone else. If you are like me in that regards, or if you like All Things Radiohead, including Really Cool Covers and Tributes, then you have to check out 2010's Amanda Palmer Performs The Popular Hits Of Radiohead On Her Magical Ukulele.

Yes that is the same Amanda Fucking Palmer from the Dresden Dolls. The Seven Song album is available in your choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire. It's a Name Your won price deal, but has a $0.99 minimum price to cover royalties for Radiohead and the Credit Card Transaction fee.

It's available at Amanda Palmer's Bandcamp Store and you can preview it in its entirety below. [Ed. If the player fails to load, you can still preview it at her store.]




I admit, in Track Five Palmer sounds quite rough, but it was recorded live while she was hungover during a sound check. Otherwise, It's a pretty solid tribute that only Amanda Fucking Palmer could deliver.

5 comments:

Dink said...

Whilst Amanda Palmer is amazing, these covers rape the soul of those songs. I thought it was meant as a joke.

If she had chosen other songs -- angry, angry songs with bountiful opportunity for her to shove her personality into them -- it could have been pretty cool, but Amanda Palmer softly singing sappy songs of sorrow is hilarious.

Dink said...

Oh man. I just got to the Creep cover you disliked and found it over twenty trillion orders of magnitude better than the rest of it.

Memo Juez said...

It does sound a little out of character for her, this is true.

It's not so much that I didn't like it, she just sound off key a little and very affected.

Manual Article Submission said...

I will keep your new article. I really enjoyed reading this post, thanks for sharing.

Social bookmarking submission service said...

Professional website promotion, increase traffic and your site's ranking by using social bookmarking submission service!